When the temperature rises few dishes are as simultaneously refreshing and sustaining as a nice salmon salad topped with some tasty TRUE Fields extra virgin olive oil. The dressing can be doubled or tripled as a dipping sauce for good crusty bread, capers, and green onion – scatter those over the greens.
- 1 pound skinless boneless salmon filet
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp True Fields extra virgin olive oil, the good stuff
- 1/2 tsp salt, preferably sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 4 oz baby arugula, washed and dried
- 1-pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp white or champagne vinegar
- A large pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp capers
- Add 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Season the salmon on both sides with the dill, salt and pepper, place in the oven, and cook to 300 F for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients and some True Fields EVOO. Taste for seasoning, then toss with the arugula and tomatoes in a large bowl. Spread on a serving platter.
- When the salmon is done, lay it atop the salad and serve!